View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
StrongWilld
FitDay Member

Default Getting back on the horse again, too

I think most of us can relate to this post. I, too, have seen my successes and failures. But, as I had read somewhere, "It's not how many times you fall. It's how many times you get back up". Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. That's what is comes down to, really. I don't like being fat. It sucks. There's nothing positive about it. And even though I've lost 50 pounds this past summer and gained it all back and a little more, I cannot look back on it as a failure. What made me come off my program was ME. I mean, I could easily blame it on my friend who pissed me off and angered me to the point that I ate myself silly and didn't stop. I could blame my husband for bringing junk into the house when I asked him not to because I can't control myself. I have a million excuses, but it all boils down to how bad do I really, REALLY want this? What am I really willing to sacrifice?? How much do I REALLY love myself to want this more than anything for myself? Tough questions - but the realization is that I have not hit my goal or even come close to it. I will this time, because I don't like doing this yo-yo stuff to me anymore. It not only affects me, it also affects my family. I personally want some normal in my life right now. And being 140 pounds overweight isn't good for my health or my psychie. I've wasted enough time TRYING to lose weight. This time, I WILL.
StrongWilld is offline   Reply With Quote