Thread: New To Fitday
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
behaze
FitDay Member

Hi Kathy!
My son is now 9 months old, and I also have an 8 year old son. We're going to have more, but I would like to be in the best shape possible (healthy, I mean!) before going into that. And, of course, it will probably help to lose it again after the new one is born!
How about you? Kids? Married?
1200 calories? Okay - in Australia, we usually go by kilojoules and I haven't yet looked up the recommended calorie intake. Last time I lost weight, I just avoided KFC (which was very hard ) and did a lot of exercise, but didn't worry about calories/kilojoules.
Not on any 'diet', as such. Just intend to go out each week and buy out the fruit & veg shop, then get only the minimum needed for my partner and our son (Deklan) to have work/school lunches. So far this week, there have been few complaints about dinners - so I'm giving them a treat of fish tonight with their baked potatoes and steamed veggies! Looking forward to the love coming in for that!
How have you gone today? Have you done your mile walk yet? And what are your plans for dinner?
The Wii Fit (and Fit Plus) we have. I used it for quite a while, but sadly seeing the almost imperceptible difference in weight loss made me feel a little disheartened. Now I am using it once a week just to keep track of my BMI. However, my 'sister-in-law' used it to great effect, so it could be a winner, especially if you're cooped up with snow outside.
How I wish we got snow! :P We've been planning a snow holiday for a couple of years, so far, but our kitty is still empty . . . We'll get there!
Do you have a 'motivational reward' for certain weight losses?
Hope to hear from you soon!
behaze is offline   Reply With Quote