Notices

wish me luck

Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up wish me luck

quit smooking now have to lose the weight i put on and this is were I will start wish me luck
Old 01-31-2011, 09:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Rhoda, welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Congrats on kicking the tobacco habit--it's probably the one vice I never picked up but I've seen what my wife went through when she quit.

Now you need to come up with an eating and exercise plan. Really, if you were able to quit smoking, you CAN lose weight and get fit. Just think about how good you'll look and feel and keep your mind's eye on the prize.

Don't hesitate to speak up if you'd like any advice or have any questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

thank-you for the words of confidence will do my best but I do love food have 45 pounds to lose
Old 02-01-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 64rhoda
thank-you for the words of confidence will do my best but I do love food have 45 pounds to lose
I love food, too. Probably one of the reasons I went into May of last year with 250 lbs more-or-less to lose. But, I really do eat pleny of good food every day now and am seldom hungry. It's all in making good choices and getting your priorities straight.

Just like when you quit smoking, take one day at a time. Instead of focusing on that big 45 lb goal, just focus on losing one pound--easy, right? Then do it again. And again.

Really, if you log your food, do some exercise, and drink your water your weight loss will practically take care of itself.

Regards,
Michael