Thread: The new guy. :)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
efduncan
FitDay Member

You guys are doing great, I lost 65 pounds about 1/1/2 years ago. I have never done a fad diet, just cut back. I found out that if I journaled my foods ( and activities) as soon as possible after meals, I was much more aware of what I was eating. I started using a site, weigh-ins.com (they have changed format now and I no longer use it). I quit the food journal about a year ago and as of November 2009, added 50 pounds back. I started the food journal again in mid November and so far it has proveing to be the trick that helps me. It takes a few minutes to look up calories but thats a small price to getting back in shape. I have been over 325 and dropped to 260, In November 09 I was back to 310. I am 277 today ( my goal is 240 by 11/1/2010). I'm 6'5". I shoot for 2000 calories a day, I mostly stay at 2000 or under during the week, I do go over on weekends but try to get a couple extra trips to the gym to help offset weekends.
I think keeping a food and activity journal may be one of the best tools you can use to get fit and stay on track. Even if you are at your goal, it has to help you stay on track.
Keep us posted on your success and good luck.
efduncan is offline   Reply With Quote