View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
taubele
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
I haven't tried every kind of diet pill, but I've tried most of them. As far as I can tell they are a really good way to put your wallet on a diet, but that's about it. I do take a multivitamin that is called "Weight Smart", it's a One-A-Day product. I don't think it really does much for my weight loss, but it does have the right amount of certain vitamins that I tend to be routinely low on. It also seems to keep my immune system boosted, which is important for me as I work with little germ bags, um, I mean children. As far as an appetite suppressant, the best thing I can recommend is to keep your carbs reduced, which will in turn keep you from having a hard carb crash.
I second almeeker here on the "Weight Smart" One-A-Day product... I think it's called that...something about active metabolism? I don't know, but it's made from fish and soy, and helps me get a lot of B vitamins that I otherwise seem to lack. I like because I feel like it really is a diet 'supplement' rather than a diet 'pill.' I don't depend on it to magically keep me healthy, but since I've been taking it for a couple of weeks now I do feel more balanced. Placebo effect or not, I know it's not a bad one!
Weight 8/30/13 = 179.8 (net: -35.4)
Current mini-goal: 175 lbs.
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote