New to fit day...feels like Im new to the internet >

New to fit day...feels like Im new to the internet

Notices

New to fit day...feels like Im new to the internet

Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New to fit day...feels like Im new to the internet

Hi all!
I'm new to fit day... actually I signed up about two years ago and never signed back in until now.
I know next to nothing about the internet and Im just starting to get the hang of the whole "profile", "foods", and "activities" sections of this site... are there any other sections I should be paying close attention to?
Basically... I don't have a weight problem, I have a fitness problem. I'm 5'8'' 130lbs, but I eat like crap, and I never hurt after the gym so I know Im not working my body very hard. I just want a toned body and most of all to be HEALTHY! Both of my parents have MS and high cholesterol, and my dad has heart disease. I need to get serious about getting healthy. Hoping this site will at least help me pin point my problem.
Any good tips for leading a healthier lifestyle?
Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

welcome back to FitDay! I also like the Reports tab, there's a lot of good information in there.

at 5'8" and 130# I can agree that you are not over weight. It's not always good to hurt when leaving the gym. The only time I really hurt is if I over do it and end up injured... like right now.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

I suggest lifting heavy. I have picked up my training recently and noticed that I was starting to lose muscle from so much cardio so I have increased my calories and am increasing my RT weight. I like the endurance I have built up from running but I love being strong too!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Like vabeachgirlNYC said, lift heavy. Cut down on simple carbohydrates like white bread, sugar and fruit juice. Get .5 to 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight per day. Check out Bodybuilding.com (another free site) and the Womens' Transformation of the week archives to see how others have conquered the same situation.