Notices

Make your plan, work your plan

Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Make your plan, work your plan

Well, like most I restarted my journey the first of the new year. As of today (26 days in), I have managed to meet my mini-goals:

- track food daily
- each 30/30/40 ration -fat/protien/carb
- sleep 8h / night
- activity 5/7 days per week

I will be focusing on these mini-goals til the end of the month. Any ideas for min-goals for February are more than welcome.

The great news is I have reached my first weight goal 2weeks and 3 days ahead of schedule and am down 1 dress size. Feeling great....and have great support from DH who is also on the path with me.

Thanks to all who have been supportive.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Jacqueline! Congrats on having a good month and hitting your goals. Well done!

If you'd like to get some ideas, come on over to the 7-Day Motivational Thread in the Women's Corner. You're more than welcome to jump in or just poke around and get some ideas. Basically, it's a thread where we set weekly goals and keep track during the week, then we begin fresh (or with the same goals, sometime) the following Monday. Lots of great folks over there for support and encouragement, as well.

Keep up the great work .
Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jacqueline, you're going great guns! Congratulations.

And you're right--"Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail".

I plan for everything foodwise. I know some folks don't and probably think it's silly but I plan ahead for eating out, for going to pot lucks, even for my monthly "day off". I plan to stay away from food-danger situations and trigger foods (my wife picked up a fresh loaf of white bread from the local bakery yesterday--still warm--I grabbed it and I swear that the urge to tear into it overcame me! I resisted temptation, but man, that old impulse still lurks in my brain.).

Keep up the good work, and follow that plan.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Im impressed

Originally Posted by mecompco
Jacqueline, you're going great guns! Congratulations.

And you're right--"Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail".

I plan for everything foodwise. I know some folks don't and probably think it's silly but I plan ahead for eating out, for going to pot lucks, even for my monthly "day off". I plan to stay away from food-danger situations and trigger foods (my wife picked up a fresh loaf of white bread from the local bakery yesterday--still warm--I grabbed it and I swear that the urge to tear into it overcame me! I resisted temptation, but man, that old impulse still lurks in my brain.).

Keep up the good work, and follow that plan.

Regards,
Michael
Wow Michael, I am impressed. Although I plan my meals (a day in advance), I have not yet been faced with someone showing up or brining home fresh bread or other temptations. I am traveling to Montreal by train tomorrow for business. At first, I was quite concerned, but realized I could go first class, order a low cal / low fat meal on the train (in advance). Beats getting a sandwich and chips and pop or other over processed food at a kiosk or other.

I find as long as I plan, there is less likely hood of going of course.

Have a great night.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Totally agree on the planning part

Especially when traveling! I usually take lots of back-up meals or mini-meals.

Bubbs, good planning of traveling 1st class where you can order a meal within your calorie limits.

Last night I had made dinner plans with the understanding the DH wouldn't be home for dinner. When he suddenly changed his mind and my little meal just wouldn't work for 2 servings it totally threw me off! Luckily he is pretty diet conscious, and loves to cook. But when he asked what I thought "we" should have for dinner, I was at a loss. But he took the reins and it turned out just fine - if a little more caloric than I had planned.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default so....it worked

I not only planned my meal for the train, but researched restaurants in the area of my business meeting and had a few predetermined choices. In the end when I added the entries to fitday at the end of the day, I was at onethird for each of protien, carbs and fat...and within 100 calories of my weekly average....I had no idea, one could do so well eating away from home.

I must admit, I prefer to take control and will not be eating out lots...but good to know that a well laid plan, can get results....
Old 01-29-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I not only planned my meal for the train, but researched restaurants in the area of my business meeting and had a few predetermined choices. In the end when I added the entries to fitday at the end of the day, I was at onethird for each of protien, carbs and fat...and within 100 calories of my weekly average....I had no idea, one could do so well eating away from home.

I must admit, I prefer to take control and will not be eating out lots...but good to know that a well laid plan, can get results....
Jacqueline, great job! Kinda' too bad we need to do all this planning 'cause there are no/limited healthy choices available to us in many places. Kudos to you for taking control of the situation!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21

Well done, indeed!

Recently I have started to use the Rehab mantra: HALT for eating away from home. Before I punch the button on the vending machine at the hotel, or stop at the local mini-mart I say to myself:
HALT:
Are you hungry?
Are you angry?
Are you lonely?
Are you tired?

If it is the later 3, a bag of doritos is not going fix the situation. If it is the first and I am really hungry then it is time to find a real meal (or mini meal).

Can't say that it works all the time, but it has helped from time to time, because exhaustion and loneliness are pretty common feelings when on business travel.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Recently I have started to use the Rehab mantra: HALT for eating away from home. Before I punch the button on the vending machine at the hotel, or stop at the local mini-mart I say to myself:
HALT:
Are you hungry?
Are you angry?
Are you lonely?
Are you tired?

If it is the later 3, a bag of doritos is not going fix the situation. If it is the first and I am really hungry then it is time to find a real meal (or mini meal).

Can't say that it works all the time, but it has helped from time to time, because exhaustion and loneliness are pretty common feelings when on business travel.
What excellent advice! I've never hear of HALT--that's just great and I know I'll add it to my mental store of coping tools. Thanks!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-29-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sure Michael

HALT was orgininally intended for drug and alcohol addicts, but it definitely has application for over eating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.