Playing 20 questions with you. Some things about me:
1. I'm 42, although typically I lie and say "I'm 28".
2. I have three daughters ages 9, 7 and 4, and I take care of 3 more children ages 7, 7, and 18 months.
3. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but when I graduated from HS I weighed 118 and wore a size 6/8.
4. The largest size jeans I've ever owned and loved were a 24W.
5. I am a full-time mother and daycare provider
6. I one day hope to write a book, or six
7. I love to sing, and have an ear for the harmony.
8. I'm a fashion disaster.
9. I used to have to dress up for work and social events, but not so much anymore (Amen).
10. I have trouble sleeping sometimes, but have fewer issues with insomnia when I eat healthy and workout regularly.
11. I am a perfectionist, drives my kids NUTS, but hubby gets it.
12. I can't keep up with cleaning, although I try.
13. I forget everything.
14. I love to travel, but I only like to go a few times/year, I'm a homebody at heart. And I sort of hate camping, although DH and the kids LOVE IT.
15. I wish I could find more quiet time.
16. I like the fact that the first lady has taken an active position in the fight against childhood obesity.
17. My husband has never made me feel bad about my weight, although watching him workout all the time inspired me to get to the gym.
18. I have the best husband in the world
19. We've been married for 13 years, and I love him more today than I did when I first found myself head over heels in love.
20. I want to reach my goal weight for myself and my family, more than I want to eat another doughnut - EVER.
I have tried every diet, even knowing that diets aren't the answer. I would do well for a few weeks, but then I'd mess up once and think "I'm so tired of dieting". I think what exhausted me most was that I've been taught that "some" people are skinny "naturally" and "some" people are fat "naturally" and clearly I'm in the "fat" department, so even if I got skinny by starving myself, I would have to starve myself to stay skinny for the rest of my life. Fitday has helped me to realize that my former philosophy was BUNK.
One of my problems is that I'm a carboholic with the propensity to eat ridiculously large portions, which causes me to have huge carb crashes which sends me back into the kitchen for more (it's a vicious cycle). I also have trouble consuming enough proteins, I'm borderline allergic to eggs, dairy and beef, and I'm not a huge fan of legumes.
Fitday is the first on-line site I've ever used for calorie tracking, although I've logged my intake for various diets in the past. This is certainly the first time I'm looking at the calories I consume in terms of carbs, proteins, fats. This is also the first time I feel like I'm educating myself on food and fitness. I have much more information and data at my fingertips this time, and that is really empowering.
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
Last edited by almeeker; 01-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.