View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
doggiesnot
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitday_jim View Post
In the toolbar at the top of the public pages, there is a "search for user" control. You can enter the friend's username there and it will take you to their page (if it is public). From there, you can click on the friend request button.

We are working on improving this functionality as we speak, so thanks for the feedback. Watch for some enhancements soon.
Thanks Jim! We are piling on the requests, aren't we? Thanks for staying on top of it.

On a user's public page, I'm not seeing the friend request button. I'm using Firefox 3.5.6 and WinXP.

EDIT: I see it! I found that I have to be logged in, and use the search user feature like you said. If I just start with the URL, it doesn't show that I'm logged in and I don't have that button available. But just logging in showed User=<other.member> instead of me in the URL, even though it was my info on the page. Weird. Anyway, your way works!
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an expert in nutrition, fitness, or exercise. Any advice given is only meant to be helpful based on what information I've gathered, and should not replace any medical treatment or any other true advice you may get from another source. Take it with a grain of salt, and then log that in your Foods tab!

Last edited by doggiesnot; 01-06-2010 at 07:45 PM.