Notices

Full moon weight gain?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Full moon weight gain?

Does anyone else gain with the full moon? No kidding - most times my weight will go up for no reason. Yesterday was the full moon so who all was up?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

I have always blamed it on the extra Werewolf hair growth during a full moon!! LOL!

Sorry, couldn't resist that.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

LOL Looks like it's just me!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

That explains it! The other night, I couldn't stop eating - must've been the full moon.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

I am up, but it has nothing to do with the full moon. Hormones are my problem.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I am up, but it has nothing to do with the full moon. Hormones are my problem.
Annette, me too! When I PMS it is like i can not stay away from the cupboard...and lately i get VERY emotional...was thinking about talking to the gyno about meds...

thoughts?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Annette, me too! When I PMS it is like i can not stay away from the cupboard...and lately i get VERY emotional...was thinking about talking to the gyno about meds...

thoughts?
Eating does not increase for me at all and I haven't gotten emotional since I quit taking birth control pills.
My problem is that I start gaining a pound a day for a week or so before my period is to start. I lose it right after.

So if you do the math, I started the weight loss thing about 24 days ago, weighing in at my hormonal peak for the month. I had a big drop right after for two weeks and then levelled off. Now I am on the upswing.
I am not in the least frustrated over that because I know that in a few days, I will lose the weight again.

What I am frustrated about is the fact that I am 51 years old, my five children are 33, 31, 27, 25 & 25, my grandchild is 14. I deserve menopause and the cessation of hormonal ups and downs.

The main reason I do not deal with emotional issues is because I have excess testosterone, which although it causes a mustache and balding, I can skip the weeping while I am punching out the paper boy for throwing the paper in the hedges.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM
FitDay Member

I wish I had that kind of metabolism, my entire family's metabolism is slower than a snails. Gaining wait is easy, losing it is hard.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

Maybe I do have this issue, but I've never paid attention to my weight vs. the fullness of the moon. I'll have to do some self studying. Although I should admit that I have much more in common with witches than werewolves.