View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
tonk0022
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
When I saw the title of this post, I was like OMG, ME TOOO!!! But then I read it and you are actually serious, I'm just lazy. My mother has a weird condition, she doesn't sweat, so she has issues with overheating as well - she turns a strange shade of purple and her heart rate goes wild. So what she did was put a pool in her backyard. Okay, maybe that isn't viable for a student to do, but maybe you can find a gym with a pool, lap swim or water aerobics are both great workouts. Mom also loves to ice skate, which is a great workout but doesn't really over heat your body. Even if you go to a rink on the warmest day of the year, it's cold when you're on the ice.
Oh, hypohydrosis. I'm thankful I don't have that. Thanks for your suggestions! I love swimming however it still makes me break out because if I'm actually swimming enough to burn calories my temperature goes up and I get super red and blotchy and burn. Swimming in 6th grade gym class was actually the first time I started having reactions. Ice skating sounds fun! Too bad I can barely skate without falling haha
tonk0022 is offline   Reply With Quote