Notices

Ok canary52, you asked for it!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Ok canary52, you asked for it!

Originally Posted by canary52
Can you give me an example of a day in the life of your diet?

I know the last pounds can be so tough. I'm sure you exercise. Heighten the intensity or change it up maybe? I don't know. I'm still struggling.
Ok, you asked for it!

Here are a some log days of my typical eating (plus a club night out ) I don't eat perfect but I do aim for 80% clean. This is what works for me.

I don't eat junk often but I went back in my log to find some days I did just to show that I will eat "bad" foods too, trying to stay within my preferred macros. I usually do a "carb load day" every week or so since I normally try to stay under 100g a day.

Yes I workout! I lift heavy and I do fun cardio like running with my dogs, walking in the city, blading, biking, running stairs (Cue Rocky music, lol) but I will use indoor machines when I have to.

*I figure my total #'s fall within 5-10% (higher/lower) of what my log says.

Today. (ETA: Ate after I posted so today was actually 1,107 cals/33 fat/88.5 carbs/106.7 prot)

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-09-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added food I just ate!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Another typical day.

Carb load day. (oops, realized I posted a reg. day... here's the carb load day...)

Low cal day.

Night out.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-11-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Nice. Good balance with the night out.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

I asked for it and I got it! Thanks, Vabeachgirl! (I will admit the title of this thread made me a little nervous at first. I was like uhoh what's this? but I appreciate it!) I like to see how others "do it." (I mean handle the food thing.)

BTW do you make all those veggie specialities yourself? If so, I am so impressed!!!

Last edited by canary52; 01-10-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Oooh, can I have your recipe for veggie wings? Or is that a pre-done like Boca or Morningstar?

I've always wanted to look at other users food logs, to see how they fill their calorie count for the day. Thanks for letting us take a peek! I just recently found hungry-girl.com off a tofu noodle package and I'm super excited about all of their recipe options. They even had a chicken and waffle recipe that was aroun 350 calories. LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hungry-girl is an excellent website, but the - is very very important. Hungry girl without the - is a different website entirely (voice of experience here lol).
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Hungry-girl is an excellent website, but the - is very very important. Hungry girl without the - is a different website entirely (voice of experience here lol).
Bwahahaha!!!

I think the site has good tips and ideas here and there, but I was amazed at how many artificial ingredients (especially sweeteners) are used in her recipes .
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yauncin
Nice. Good balance with the night out.
Thanks. Since "going out" is part of my lifestyle, I needed to find some new drinks that didn't blow my #'s every time!

No more "hard" wine cooler type drinks (my fave had over 50 carb grams for an 11.2oz bottle!) and no more mixed shots for me (I have no idea what those macros were!)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
I asked for it and I got it! Thanks, Vabeachgirl! (I will admit the title of this thread made me a little nervous at first. I was like uhoh what's this? but I appreciate it!) I like to see how others "do it." (I mean handle the food thing.)

BTW do you make all those veggie specialities yourself? If so, I am so impressed!!!
Lol! The title does sound like I was calling you out!

I didn't really want to post them but figured I why not, I wouldn't mind hearing what people thought. I have a few days a month that I don't log because I plan a killer cheat!

I'm not big on cooking plus I hate food shopping but I will occasionally make a huge amount of veggie food from scratch and freeze it all.

So how about posting a typical day for you?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by baltimoron
Oooh, can I have your recipe for veggie wings? Or is that a pre-done like Boca or Morningstar?

I've always wanted to look at other users food logs, to see how they fill their calorie count for the day. Thanks for letting us take a peek! I just recently found hungry-girl.com off a tofu noodle package and I'm super excited about all of their recipe options. They even had a chicken and waffle recipe that was aroun 350 calories. LOL
Boca and Morning Star are the fast food for vegetarians! I love MS's veggie patties but eat the other stuff less often now since there are healthier, better tasting options available here.

I make some of my veggie stuff from scratch, using what I call "starter mush" (think meatballs before they are formed). I get it from a guy who orders it for his restaurant. It's vegan and the ingredients are unprocessed grains, roots and plants. I can make just about anything out of it and freeze it. For the homemade hot wings, I just buy red pepper hot/sweet sauce from a market in NYC.

I will have to check out that site too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.