Notices

How to change username? (Admin thread)

Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to change username? (Admin thread)

Is there a way to do this without starting a new account and losing all my saved custom foods and daily food log for the past 4 years?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MrsKaradas
Is there a way to do this without starting a new account and losing all my saved custom foods and daily food log for the past 4 years?
I believe a site Administrator would need to do that--us Mods don't, AFAIK, have access to that. I can put in a request, if you like.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Bump, Id like to do the same.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Change username?

Is it possible to change your username? I didn't realize my username would be visible to everybody (I thought I could pick a display name for forums and the like). I don't like having my full name as my username- privacy and all that- and I'd prefer not to delete my account or lose my info. I've been all over the website and can't find how to do that.

In case anyone from the company reads this, is it possible to change my username to something like Lisssssa?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Lisssssa
Is it possible to change your username? I didn't realize my username would be visible to everybody (I thought I could pick a display name for forums and the like). I don't like having my full name as my username- privacy and all that- and I'd prefer not to delete my account or lose my info. I've been all over the website and can't find how to do that.

In case anyone from the company reads this, is it possible to change my username to something like Lisssssa?

Thanks!
Lisa, this topic has come up before and I don't think there is any facility to do that. I would if I could but that's one power us Mods don't have. Sorry.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-16-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: removed original username since it was indeed changed
Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Administrator

There are in fact a very limited set of circumstances in which a name change can now be granted, such as when privacy concerns arise. This appears to be one of those times.

Please send a handle change request through the Contact FitDay link at the bottom of the page ([email protected]). It may take a couple of weeks, as it has to be done by a technician and in two databases.

And for future reference, accounts can be disabled upon request to the same email address, and it also takes some time to go info effect.

Paul
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you very much Paul! It might be easier to do it the way other sites do it- like FatSecret- they tell you when you create your username that other people will be able to see it.

I sent a request through the link. Thanks again!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default please change username

Please change my username to CinnyKiss
Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

I was actually going to inquire about this subject... I didn't realize when creating this account that I would not have an option to change my user name. I regret not thinking deeper on a different user name when i started up the account. I really don't want my name out there... I actually would like to change my user name to ~IceBlue~ if that is possible. If not.. .no worries...
Old 02-01-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Vito Moderated Post: Note to Moderators

When a person posts to this thread, they have not read Paul's instructions, obviously. To help them out, I am sending them this PM entitled "Username":

Originally Posted by IBobi
There are in fact a very limited set of circumstances in which a name change can now be granted, such as when privacy concerns arise.

Please send a handle change request through the Contact FitDay link. ([email protected]). It may take a couple of weeks, as it has to be done by a technician and in two databases.

And for future reference, accounts can be disabled upon request to the same email address, and it also takes some time to go info effect.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.