View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
williamscouple
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
My personal opinion is that there is only so much you can "fight" your body on. This is one thing that my body and I had to compromise on.

If you're having a healthy snack and the calories are low, it shouldn't be hurting your efforts.

I'm a night owl and if I couldn't eat after dinner, that would leave me 5-6 hours to fill. I also usually work out at night.

I just try to plan ahead. As I get into the afternoon/evening, I make sure everything for dinner is loaded into the food log, then I know how much "room" I have for snacks.

Usually, I try to eat one "non-impact" snack, such as celery sticks, carrot sticks, cuke slices, etc., one snack to beef up the part(s) of my pie chart that are lacking (generally protein and/or fat, so I'll have some almonds, pistachios, walnuts, peanut butter on the celery, or even sliced turkey) and one snack that I really enjoy, like some fruit, popcorn, pretzels, frozen yogurt, cheese & crackers. If I get all my food logged in ahead of time, I can make sure that everything is balanced enough with respect to the calories, pie chart, fiber, etc. Especially if I've worked out, I have a protein-y snack after that.
That is exactly what I am trying to do. Healthy snacks. And I am allowing for, since I realized I am going to "need" it. I'm still getting into my new routine, so I guess I'll figure out what works eventually. Thanks
Loss: 26

Pre Goal: 160 by 10/11 (in a wedding)
Ultimate Goal: 120 by 1/1/12

You have to be in the race, to win the race...from Mean Girls 2
williamscouple is offline   Reply With Quote