View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
eckelsburrows
FitDay Member

Default Here Because I was losing too fast...

Hi, my name is Brenda. I started a little over 18 months ago to lose weight. I am disabled with a bunch of things, fibro, MS, osteoarthritis, etc. At first I was using a nutritionist and I did very well, then last summer a change to my medications killed most of my appetite. I battle nausea everyday due to my medications too, but at least I used to get hungry and nauseous. Now it is hard to even look at food sometimes, yet other times I end up binging on stupid things like cheezy poofs.

Anyway, when I started losing 3 lbs a week I started losing muscle tone and started having issues with low blood sugar, so right now I am on a 1,000 calorie a day diet using up to 700 calories of ensure plus, with a goal to maintain or not lose more than 1/2 pound a week.

It's only been three days, but the food tracker is helping me to get to my goal I think. I check it after dinner, make sure everything is in there, and then try to get something else down before bed.

The thing that sucks is my state refuses to pay for my ensure because I can "still process solids" and "is 7 pounds overweight"! After working so hard to lose 60 pounds that one really hurt! And yes, some months I just can't afford it, so the last 3 or 5 days of the month until my check comes in I ration them out at one a day.

I can only walk for exercise a small amount unless I am with my PT person, and use a wheelchair about 30% of the time, so I am not burning a whole lot of calories...I'm using the free version, and it says I am using 1550 calories a day, but I don't know how accurate that is.

I know my issues are really different than most people who are here, but if there is anyone else out there like me, I would love to hear from them! For everyone else, good luck - the Medicare folks should let everyone get the paid version of this program!

Thanks!
eckelsburrows is offline   Reply With Quote