Notices

4 hour body diet

Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default 4 hour body diet

Is anyone doing the 4 hour body diet - "Slow Carb"? I just finished week two - week one last about 4 pounds but zero weight loss week two. I don't love the beans that they recommend, so maybe I'm eating too little? Any feedback on this diet?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Honestly if you're taking a prenatal vitamin and extra calcium you can live off of almost nothing. You might just be retaining water, or plateauing which is normal. I went from 140 to 130 in a week, then stayed at 130 for two weeks, FINALLY I lost another lb. Your body is just saying "Hell no I won't go!" lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks - i take a multivitamin, so I should be good. Just frustrated that the scales are not moving!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Shylove911
Honestly if you're taking a prenatal vitamin and extra calcium you can live off of almost nothing. You might just be retaining water, or plateauing which is normal. I went from 140 to 130 in a week, then stayed at 130 for two weeks, FINALLY I lost another lb. Your body is just saying "Hell no I won't go!" lol.
Shylove,
Please don't starve yourself or listen to people who claim to lose 7% of their body weight in a week. You won't even see the largest of the "biggest losers" doing that.

A 4 pound weight loss may be quite a lot depending on where you started. Sometimes our bodies hang on after big weight loss week. I am not familiar with the diet you are following, but provided that you have already determined that it is a healthy diet to follow, give it another month and see what happens.

Note: edited for spelling. Hate when that happens.

Last edited by Kay-hh; 01-22-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

I think the plan is very healthy and a reasonable for weightloss. If you are persistant and make it your lifestyle, I'm sure you will be successful. Weight loss does not always follow the downward trend, but stay with it during the challenging times and you will meet your goals. I'm eating more like Scott Jurek (p 529 from the 4 hour body) and I have lost 3+ pounds a week since January 1st. I know this will not always be true, just as my daily weight fluctuates within a two pound range. Hang in there, you've got a great food plan going. Are you incorporating any of the excercise recommended in the book? This would also have an impact on your weight loss. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

4phoenix - I wasn't much of an exercise person before, but since starting the diet I am now doing a "Tabata" style work out three times a week. It's only about 20 minutes but it is intense. We have incorporated kettle ball swings as one of the exercises. I know after one of these exercises I feel every muscle in my body - legs, arms, abs, butt - it definitely feels like it is working. Although I haven't had any weight loss since the initial 4 pounds, I do feel slimmer - especially in the middle area. I don't mind the diet (mostly because of the cheat day) and I love the exercise - I was just expecting more weight loss.

Keep me posted on your results - I would love to hear how you progress!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Two pounds of fat loss a week is ideal. As you burn fat, you also release the other things stored in the fat. If you have had a bad diet up until now, that can result in opening the floodgates of bad nutrients in fat, so keep that in mind if you lose more than two pounds a week. Also take into account that water loss can tip the scale one way or another.
Perhaps the best thing to keep in mind when on any diet is its not about weight. You may be losing fat but also gaining muscle. If thats the case, which it probably is, the scale should not be your primary tool. Have your body fat % measured using a reliable way (as detailed in Ferriss' book) and measure your body (waist, arms, legs, chest, et cetera). Body fat % and body measurements are more of a pain than just stepping on a scale, but they are more reliable.
And to reiterate Kay's comment, look at the big picture. Wait a month before taking measurements seriously.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

For an average woman - doing muscle building exercises 3 times a week - do you have any idea what would be a reasonable expectation of "muscle gain"? Would 1/2 pound a week be typical? I'm planning on doing measurements/body fat at the end of 30 days, but just not sure what I should reasonably be expecting.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I just started the plan last monday (today is Sunday) and have lost 5 lbs (then cheat day so gained 2) BUT, I'm wearing jeans that I've not been able to wear...so it's working for me.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Almost 2 weeks and zero pounds lost

I started the low-carb diet 12 days ago but I haven't lost any weight. In fact, I've put on a pound and a half. I'm 5'4" and weigh 121. I know I don't have that much to lose, but I just want to get rid of the extra 5 pounds I put on this winter. I've been sneaking in a few dark chocolate almond here and there. Is that totally sabotaging my diet? I do feel like my waistline is slimming down a bit, but the scale isn't making me too happy. I coudn't have put on 2 pounds of muscle in less than 2 weeks?? I've been eating A LOT of the approved low carb foods, but I'm constantly hungry and unsatisfied. Maybe I just don't feel full until I have some carbs or sugar? Any advice appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.