Notices

Recovery

Old 01-22-2011, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Recovery

Some information about myself:

Hey, my name is Erica, I'm 16 and I'm a pescatarian.

I was restricting and fasting for about 5 months and I dropped almost 30lbs. I realized doing that was the stupidest thing I could've done because I lost so much lean muscle mass rather than fat

I've recently gotten myself to the point where I'm eating 1,000-1,200 calories a day I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either. I still have 8 more pounds until I'm at my goal weight.

I'm working out 6 days a week cardio/strength. I've been in ketosis for 2 weeks, so my diet consists of 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carbs. I still haven't lost anything. I just want to lose my stomach fat and thighs (typical I know) but I'm very happy with my chest and arms.

If anyone has any advice, tips, suggestions for me it would be so helpful!

*Please don't tell me things like I'm too young to worry about this, or I shouldn't be taking this too far.. I'm trying to get into healthy fitness and nutrition habits and it means a lot to me so please support!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

*Please don't tell me things like I'm too young to worry about this, or I shouldn't be taking this too far.. I'm trying to get into healthy fitness and nutrition habits and it means a lot to me so please support![/QUOTE]

Hi

I hope you find the support you need here. Do you have other support and all the information you need about good alternate sources of protein? I can't offer not much help in that area. Getting fit is a good goal at any age. There is a lot of common sense advise on this site.

Your body may be adjusting to the fast you went through. It may take a while for your metabolism to regulate and adjust to your newer eating. Too much of a calorie defecit can also lead to your body going into a slower metabolism and hanging onto the pounds.

Good luck reaching your goal.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

I wouldn't say that you are too young. I think I went on my first diet in the 4th grade, wish I knew then what I know now. It could be that you are taking in too few calories and not enough protein. I know it sounds counter intuitive that you might need to eat more to lose weight, but it's what those calories consist of that make all the difference. Your body needs protein in order to rebuild the muscle that you damage in your workouts and maybe what you lost in fasting. You might try decreasing your fat intake and increasing your proteins, and don't forget to drink all your water - 64 oz baseline and an additional 8 oz for every 10 lbs you want to lose. Good luck honey.