View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
vabeachgirlNYC
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
Where do you get your protein from?
I found a list after I posted this question. I do have to limit my legumes as well. I have some favorite legume recipes, but my doctor said no more than a small serving once a week or so.

I know there are some great gluten free grains and flours, but most, if not all available to me, may contain traces of nuts.
I try to buy whole organic unprocessed foods so I don't have to worry about having a reaction iodine or to possible "traces" of nuts, plus it taste better and is healthier. I also look for the label "does not process nuts or use shared equipment/facilities". If I don't know what is in something I won't eat it.

I eat some dairy for fat and protein, but not from farms that feed iodine fortified soil, feed to their animals. I get other protein from fruit, veggies, grains, soy and plants. I do not take any supplements or protein powders.

According to the ADA and RDA I get more then my minimum requirement. I also lift pretty heavy and according to my muscles I get plenty!

ETA: I carry my allergy meds with me 24/7 just in case. It's hard to avoid accidental reactions no matter how careful you are. Plus as much as I hate to say it and as much as it pisses me off, people lie or think you are just being picky so I have had reactions in restaurants, etc.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.
vabeachgirlNYC is offline   Reply With Quote