Thread: Yoga
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
melyna1
FitDay Member

Default Finally winning the battle - bikram yoga

Hey guys,

For such a long time now I had been continuously loosing control over my weight. If any of you read my posts from a few months ago, I was having trouble with my mom and more recently dealing with the death of my dog (which was more devastating to me than almost any family member death to date). My weight went up to higher than its ever been. So, I decided to make just one change - go back to bikram yoga, aka hot yoga. I practiced in the past and remembered how wonderful it made me feel. I have been going at least 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks and I can already see changes while still allowing myself to have a treat a few times a week. The change I needed to make was not the weight but how to approach it - I put it last.

I decided I would not monitor my weight loss because it causes me to obsess over the quickness of the progress. This is why I'm posting this on the support group - I found that what pushed me to make the changes was to finally forget about my weight. If we stop punishing ourselves every time we have a tasty snack or make a bad food choice we can move on and continue with the positive changes we're making. Weight loss should be a happy consequence to changes in habit - not the soul reason for them in the first place.

I'm finally feeling free.
melyna1 is offline   Reply With Quote