Notices

Show the muscle!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Show the muscle!

Hi, well, new here, ive been weight training for at least 15 years, i'm 38 and very motivated for weight training, i'm strong and look great in a t shirt but my goal is to for the first time look as good wothout a top on! In all my time training ive never been on a cut, i just absolutley hate eating less and im also very weak when it comes to chocolate! So i'm here to try and have more will power with the diet and shift some stubborn fat from my pecs and abs.....

Heres hoping!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Don't let the cut intimidate you. You have the advantage of already being physically active and knowing how to workout. What is your plan for the cut? Will you limit calories, change your macros (like limiting simple carbs and increasing protein), or make changes to your workouts (adding more cardio?)? It doesn't have to be just about what you eat.

If you haven't already I would suggest you check out bodybuilding.com. It's free and they have some great information that you will find useful. If you do have questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

what are your stats and what does your diet and workout program look like?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys, i'm about 5ft 7 and about 13 stone 4 pounds, a typical days food is a protien shake, oats made with milk and honey and a cup of tea for breakfast, lunch is usually a large sandwich of chicken and tomato/onion and cup of coffee, dinner is either a beef and veg or chicken and pasta, i drink a lot of water throughout the day as i have a physical job, 3 times a week when i workout i have a pre and post protien shake, weekends i'm pretty bad - cheese sandwichs, crisps, pizza, a few beers etc.
I don't do any cardio, i used to as i have a epilectical (spelling!) machine at home, i also do all my weights at home.
To be honest i don't have loads of fat, just a bit thats focused around my abs and pecs and it annoys the hell out of me! I know i would look completely different without it!
Cheers!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

so I believe that puts you at 186 pounds. It sounds like for the most part, your diet looks good... besides on the weekend. I'd think that if you try to cut back just a little on the weekends you'd start to see some change.

As far as your work out, do you do body part splits, full body, compound isolated, etc?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

As of right now this is my current workout... Mondays - Chest- flat db press, incline barbell press and inlcline flyes - Triceps -machine push down, db tate press, single arm machne puch down , Wednesday - Back -Lat pull downs, dead lift, close grip pull down and Biceps - EZ Drag curls, db hammer curls and bb close grip curls, Friday - Shoulders - BB push press, upright rows, db arnold press. I don't train legs as i had a accident on a building site and damaged my ankles pretty bad but im gonna start doind some very light leg training soon hopefully.
By the way just seen your progress pics - great job!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

thank you. I've done body part splits like you are for a little while, then switched over to a full body workout that changes every 4-5 weeks. It wasn't until I switched over that I realized how incomplete the split workout was. I'm not doing nearly the amount of cardio that I was when I was doing splits but I feel like I'm in better shape, and I'm getting strong. I also haven't done abs since I switched over it it's funny how some days my abs really hurt as if they got a serious workout. I'm like you, my diet is what's kills me and until I get that straight I'll never see the results that I want.