View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
smithrn71
FitDay Member

Default looking for advice

Hi All! I'm new to the forum and to Fit day period. I think this may be the right forum to join. I would love to lose 40 to 50 pounds, but at this point, I'd be tickled if I lost a pound! GRRRR. Anyway,I need some advice so here goes!
The week before New Years I started exercising about 30 minutes 3 days per week. I vary between elliptical (which I LOVE!) treadmill, exercise bike and throw in some weight repetitions from time to time. More focused on cardio this early in. I plan to work strength later! Anyhow, for the first two weeks, I stayed off the scale and ate "normally" (didn't monitor calories). I felt pretty good. Stopped taking my meds for depression, am sleeping well. Things going great~ Ok....last week I got on the scale on Sunday and started keeping track of calories. I had gained 4 pounds. After 2 weeks of keeping track of calories (I shoot for 1600-1700 per day because I didn't want to set myself up for failure and figured I would decrease gradually). I watch carefully 6 of 7 days....7th day is "free" Ok...got on scale after 7 days of that.....up another 1.2 pounds. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong???? At this point I'm extremely frustrated. This week we've been sick at home, so my calorie count has actually been way lower...not an ounce lost. GRRRR.HELP PS, I get back on the scale Sunday and it's not looking good!
smithrn71 is offline   Reply With Quote