Notices

easy tip for eating less

Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default easy tip for eating less

scull a glass or 2 of water before and even after each meal to fill u up and make u eat less and feel less hungry, simple i know but nethertheless effective.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ironryan1234
scull a glass or 2 of water before and even after each meal to fill u up and make u eat less and feel less hungry, simple i know but nethertheless effective.
Darned good advice! And there are many other reasons to drink more water than simply appetite suppression, though that is a major one.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

I recently watched a programme about dieting on BBC1, it was called "the top 10 things you need to know about dieting" it was real interesting as everything they said was proved via body scanning and other such whitchcraft. with regards to drinking water it does fill you up (initially) but it also empties the contents of your stomach faster too, what they did show you is that if you add the water to your meal and turn it into a thick soup your stomach is fuller for longer than 4hrs give or take, I have been doing this and it really does works.

hope this helps
ps don't forget to have at least 10% protein in your soup
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

That makes sense.

I always find that if I drink a glass of water when I feel hungry, it just adds to the hunger. However, if I have a glass of water within a half hour of completing a meal, it takes much longer before I am hungry again.

I never could drink with my meal. That just makes me feel sick.