Notices

"Standing Ovation"

Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb "Standing Ovation"

I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants some positive feedback for a small or major achievement or for just being here. We all need that positive reinforcement at times.

Just post your request and someone will sing your praises or give you a "standing ovation" We all deserve one. I'll check each day and please add your own praise.

Feel free to post you goal if it's a short term temptation that you want to be able to brag about avoiding the next day. Mary
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

I would like a bit of praise please :d
I have cut my fat intake from average over 66g per day (1week) to about 47g per day (1week) and I also managed to stabilise my carbs under 250g and overall calories under 2000kcal. I know that many people here eat way less and better than this, but we all have different paths to success.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Way to Go

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
I have cut my fat intake from average over 66g per day (1week) to about 47g per day (1week) and I also managed to stabilise my carbs under 250g and overall calories under 2000kcal. I know that many people here eat way less and better than this, but we all have different paths to success.
Hi MunaAmin You deserve praise for those steps and for actively taking control of the weight gain from pregnancy. I think you are wise to take it slowly with all the changes a new baby brings. Well Done and keep up the good work. Mary
Old 01-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
it's all about what works for you. Just as I think I remember you posting about cutting nuts from your diet, I try to get the bulk of my fat from almonds and PB. Going from 66g to 47g is a nice jump, good job!

My goal is to have a 6 pack by my 40th birthday in may.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
it's all about what works for you. Just as I think I remember you posting about cutting nuts from your diet, I try to get the bulk of my fat from almonds and PB. Going from 66g to 47g is a nice jump, good job!

My goal is to have a 6 pack by my 40th birthday in may.
Thanks Mike, yes I have to be careful with nuts coz I like them a lot I do have them every 3-4 days, but weight them on the food scale. I'd like to tell you that you are inspiration to my DH who used to look like you look now, but during the last year he put on weight and looks now like you used to look. Seeing your pics really was the wake up call he needed. I wish you all the success with your 6 pack goal.

Kumochi - Mary, thanks for your nice words I'd love to blame my excess weight on the baby but i was already overweight (BMI 29) when I became pregnant. Just about 3 weeks before that I was on all-inclusive holidays, gained extra 10lb, then after return I decided to go on a diet, and wham! big fat plus on pg test....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on getting your fat grams down and measuring your nuts, MunaAmin! I've been following on the 7-Day Motivational thread and I know it's been a struggle, but voila! Success!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

It's been two weeks for me on this new lifestyle, and I've lost about 5 lbs. That might not sound like a lot, but I'm pretty happy, especially considering that I have challenges for working out with a bum ankle. I've been able to work out about every 3rd day without tweaking it, and I'm pretty proud of that (before, I used to just give up and get really frustrated with myself, and my body).

I've been doing my ankle strengthening exercises every day (like I used to do when I was in Physical Therapy!) and am hoping, next month, to get up to exercising every other day (or more, if the ankle/body starts feeling stronger).

It's been easy-ish so far because I feel like I'm not alone
Old 01-18-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Taubele! Great job on working around your circumstances instead of making them excuses.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=taubele;32407]It's been two weeks for me on this new lifestyle, and I've lost about 5 lbs.

I like that you are seeing this as a new lifestyle. That is so important to success. And way to go despite your injury. 5 pounds is a great start. Have you looked at activities you can do while it mends? I've been doing some face yoga poses that don't knock off any pounds but help your face muscles tighten up despite the weight loss-- and entertain anyone who happens to see you! Mary
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Red face

[QUOTE=Kumochi;32433]
Originally Posted by taubele
It's been two weeks for me on this new lifestyle, and I've lost about 5 lbs.

I like that you are seeing this as a new lifestyle. That is so important to success. And way to go despite your injury. 5 pounds is a great start. Have you looked at activities you can do while it mends? I've been doing some face yoga poses that don't knock off any pounds but help your face muscles tighten up despite the weight loss-- and entertain anyone who happens to see you! Mary
Thanks, been living with the bum ankle for ten years. Pain every day, but it is what it is It's not so much mending as the fact that it's just...missing tendons and ligaments, and isn't very strong. I can't do high-impact exercises (for example, running hurts, as do jumping-jacks)

Face-yoga! I'll have to look into that. I do a lot of low-impact cardio that doesn't hurt the joints (like an elliptical, and lots of upper-body moves with squatting -- like I'll squat down and do punches) and I just try to up the resistance as much as I can until it almost-tweaks the ankle. All I can do is strengthen it every day and hope that as the weight goes down, it can take a little more impact (since there'll be less weight coming down on it!)