Notices

Hello, all. Room for one more?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello, all. Room for one more?

I discovered after routine blood work two weeks ago my A1C (a test that measures blood sugar average over a 3 month period) had gone from 6, which is very good, to 10, which is very bad. It was one of those come-to-Jesus moments when a person has to fish or cut bait. Having type 2 diabetes isn't a death sentence but there are challenges. During that 3 months I had gone through a little rebellion, stopped testing and ate whatever I wanted. Curiously I didn't gain much weight but I was obviously over stressing my system. In trying to find a way to get myself back on track I discovered FitDay and it's been a real boon to my existence. I have always hated keeping food diaries and now it's not so much of a chore. I write in the journal every day and record my sugar readings and I'm using the activities log to get my body moving. My husband and grown daughter are getting on board with me. We plan out our meals a few days at a time and all of us are losing weight. Even better, my sugar is nicely under control. I'm looking forward to getting lots of tips and inspiration from the forums.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. It's great that your whole family is getting on board with FitDay--wish I could get mine interested. Keep on getting healthy!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

hello -welcome to our family