Notices

Returning member of 5 years

Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Returning member of 5 years

help me uderstand....please ...after being spoiled with dozens of fitness and nutricien/food log apps ,i am recreating my data food base again from scratch. I tried to search its like EAS MYOPLEX drinks etc....no easey search for these products but other onlen sites like http://www.fitday.com/fitness/ForumRules.html and other phone APPS have all these products on there data base....this is still far a better nutricien program but still lacking i see the easy data food base....i do not see categories like breakfast,lunch ,dinner,snack,supplements,water,liquids...etc..eit her i do not get it after 5 years returning to this plateform and purchased 4 software versions over the years...thanks for reading this ...

Hey if you are going to have the nerve to sign up just to complain then please do us all a favor and read the rules that are right above the thread you just started. I took the liberty of substituting your link in your post with the rules to make it easier for you to find.

But... in case you missed it.
#1 No Advertising or self promotion
#2 This forum is used to share support and is not to be used to advertise other websites or any other type of advertisements which intend to sell products or services for personal monetary gain.
#4 You may link to a personal blog so you can share your weight loss story. Other links might be removed, at the discretion of the moderators. We will not support any type of affiliate link advertising & postings by individual users on our forums other than the affiliate partnerships set up by Internet Brands and Fitday.com
#8 You agree not to solicit our members to join other weight loss forums. This is considered "competitive" behavior which deteriorates our purpose.
#11 Posting links that violate the terms above may be removed at moderator's discretion. This includes links within posts, profile links, and signature links.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did you rejoin simply to complain? All three of your posts are negative and/or disjointed musings on the shortcomings of FitDay.

I wish you well, but really, if those other sites are so much better....

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe you're misspelling the items you are searching for...
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
Did you rejoin simply to complain? All three of your posts are negative and/or disjointed musings on the shortcomings of FitDay.

I wish you well, but really, if those other sites are so much better....

Regards,
Michael
Michael,

Yes he did. Some people will never be happy just as some people have no concept of time, and sometimes the two go hand in hand.

I thought about deleting this thread(since nothing good can come of it), but I figure it's best to leave it up for entertainment purposes.

Welcome back OP. I really hope you enjoy your stay here, however long that may be.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-15-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: b/c I wasn't playing nice.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sailordoom
maybe you're misspelling the items you are searching for...
lol!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

I never count on a databse to supply the foods I'm eating. The nutrition information is on the box or the package or the bottle or whatever. Make a custom food entry for the food when you eat it.

It will be there in the custom data base for you. You can also look at 'recent foods' if you want to look at your food history and find it.

Really, I don't think you're being too fussy or criticial. You're just expecting a whole hell of a lot out of a database that is free to begin with and as accurate as time permits. Here's a perfect example: I know there's a fast food fish sandwich somewhere in the database. But I always eat McD's fish fillet. So I put that nutrition information (from McD's nutrition on their website) in my custom foods. Guess what? I realized lately that McD's has changed the nutrition information - the sandwich is now lower in calories and fat. Great. I know that I ALWAYS have to look and double check foods. It makes sense. Do you think the company that produces generic tomato soup at my supermarket is going to bother to tell fitday if they change their sugar content?

I used EAS products and have them in my custom foods. I STILL look at the nutrition panel to see the information and check it with what I have online.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I never count on a databse to supply the foods I'm eating. The nutrition information is on the box or the package or the bottle or whatever. Make a custom food entry for the food when you eat it.

It will be there in the custom data base for you. You can also look at 'recent foods' if you want to look at your food history and find it.

Really, I don't think you're being too fussy or criticial. You're just expecting a whole hell of a lot out of a database that is free to begin with and as accurate as time permits. Here's a perfect example: I know there's a fast food fish sandwich somewhere in the database. But I always eat McD's fish fillet. So I put that nutrition information (from McD's nutrition on their website) in my custom foods. Guess what? I realized lately that McD's has changed the nutrition information - the sandwich is now lower in calories and fat. Great. I know that I ALWAYS have to look and double check foods. It makes sense. Do you think the company that produces generic tomato soup at my supermarket is going to bother to tell fitday if they change their sugar content?

I used EAS products and have them in my custom foods. I STILL look at the nutrition panel to see the information and check it with what I have online.
very true. Also most restaurants like McD's have their nutrition info online in .pdf form, you can just save it to your computer as a handy guide.