View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
schlemoc
FitDay Member

Default Firing up my Log

Ok, first I'll introduce a few things since I've never posted here. I'm 5'8" and weigh a ridiculous 245 pounds. About 7 years ago (that long?! damn) I graduated weighing a very handsome 165. I did manage to maintain a solid 180 for the next 5 years. However, I got laid off 2 years ago and the job search, coupled with 2 pots of sugar laden coffee a day, took it's toll on my waistline. Now I'm in an office environment, instead of a physical intense career.

My solution is to go back to what I did in high school that worked for me, while adding in some supplements to boost it. I've already started and dropped 5 pounds, so looking for some critiquing on what I'm doing.

Diet:
Morning: oatmeal or Beverly International Ultimate Protein Shake
snack: glass of V8
lunch: lean protein, rice
workout after work (5:30 pm - 7 or 7:30pm)
Post workout: Beverly UMP
dinner: soup and/or protein as needed

Supplements:
before each meal: 1 Beverly 7-Keto & Lean Out, with 1 L-Carnitine (instead of taking multiple lean out's)
pre workout: 2 GNC 4x Muscle Igniter
Post Workout: 2 BCAA
Before bed: 3 ZMA

Workout: (mon, tues, wed, thurs now. adding sat/sun in future)
1 hour to 1.5 hour interval training (depending on energy level and free time) - split up 1/3 & 2/3 alternating between gazelle like machine and elliptical. typically burn 1100 calories.
After 1 hour:
Incline Bench: 5 sets of 8 reps
Bench: 5 sets 8 reps
Row: 5 sets 8 reps
Tricep Pulldown: 5 sets 15 reps

I know some people consider this overworking particular muscle groups, but I'm not putting on a ton of weight. I have had a lot of luck in the past with a similar routine, but I want to refine it to make it more efficient. Any thoughts/opinions are encouraged. I look forward to updating my log with the results.
schlemoc is offline   Reply With Quote