Notices

Here it goes...

Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here it goes...

Hey guys,
My story goes that I have always been overweight, from my childhood, right through my teens up until present, aged 22.
Im looking to lose a HUGE amount of weight, eventually 135lb, but putting this into baby steps, 12 - 14 pounds every 2 months: about 2lbs a week.

SO...I was wanting to know, from all you those more experienced than me; TIPS! I study full time with 12-14hour shifts on weekends so I used to quickly grab junk and convenient food which would see me through to my next break.

I'm doing well on the diet side at the moment, but I think my calories may be TOO low now! I was calculating what I was eating and it worked out 2500-3000 per day, and now I'm eating proper food, I'm barely hitting 1000.
Is this good? Or bad?

Serious help needed over here! These forums may just be my saviour
Laura.

PS...lovely to meet all you guys in advance
Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

im in the same boat as you. i plan to lose 100lbs too. i weigh 243 now and by this time next year i plan to weigh 135-145lbs. i plan to lose 25lbs every 3-4 mths thats 2-3 lbs a week. i wish you all the luck and blessings this "trip" has to offer. remember God never gives us more than we can chew. this might come in handy. God bless and i will be praying for you!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and congrats on taking steps to take charge. You will find a lot of tools here you can use.

My suggestion is to become a regular on threads other than Newcomers...suggestions would be the No More Jiggling in January in the Women's Corner section and the 100+ thread in the Weight Loss Tips section. There is also a Motivational thread in the Women's section you can use for weekly goals.

Following a few key threads often helps you connect in much quicker and get great answers to your questions, as well as support along the way.

Good luck, glad to have you!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! Yes, by all means, check in on the 100+ Pounds to Lose threads. We know the problems with being heavy and the challenges in losing it.

I've done 1,000 cals before and lost weight very fast. Tough to stick to, though, and there are problems with losing too fast.

This time around I'm doing 1500 cals. Don't know how much I lost in the first six weeks, but in the last 26 I've lost a full 100. I still have another 100 to go, but no problem--it will happen.

If you commit, stick with your plan and use FitDay every day you can do it too!

Regards,
Michael