Notices

Newby 3 days in

Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newby 3 days in

Hi all,
I found this site after reading a free diet book that came with Cosmo, and mentioned here.
I think this site is great and am enjoying entering everything and looking at the graphs.
I have 18lbs to loose now and am doing a low carb diet.
I would be interested in any tips from other low carb dieters and love to know how you all are getting on.
Good Luck everyone
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay Jomckee!

I am a low carber too! What plan are you following?

I avoid the boxed shelf foods as much as possible. They make me feel sluggish/sickish when I try to eat them now, so I don't even miss those foods.

Also check out the diet forum for tips in the low carb diets.

Good Luck!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! Congrats on starting! Thats the hardest part. A good bread that I use is Nature's Own. Its 50 calories a slice and has a lot of fiber which is good. It has 13g carb but 5g fiber. There is another bread by Healthy Life that only has 40 cal a slice and 6 net carbs. It doesnt taste as good as the Nature's own but it works. Hope this helps!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am on a low carb diet too. The Atkins stage 2 I find it better/easier to stay away from flour and sugar rather than have adapted bread. My food is vegetables (no potatoes or carrots), berries, meat, fish, eggs, and small amount of cheese, Greek yogurt and real (full fat) milk.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hi VabeachgirlNYC
I am also eating food I am preparing myself, I am doing my own take on the Atkins, and am feeling better by the day, now my body has ajusted to this new way of eating. I am going for a walk most days but planning to up the exercise as I go on.
I will take a look at the information you mentioned.
A big thank you and keep up the good work
Old 01-14-2011, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhailey408
Hi! Congrats on starting! Thats the hardest part. A good bread that I use is Nature's Own. Its 50 calories a slice and has a lot of fiber which is good. It has 13g carb but 5g fiber. There is another bread by Healthy Life that only has 40 cal a slice and 6 net carbs. It doesnt taste as good as the Nature's own but it works. Hope this helps!
Thanks JHailey408
I will bare that in mind, but at the moment cutting out bread completely, even when not dieting I give it a miss as if I eat it I have a moon face for a couple of days after, not a good look! lol
Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pbradley936
I am on a low carb diet too. The Atkins stage 2 I find it better/easier to stay away from flour and sugar rather than have adapted bread. My food is vegetables (no potatoes or carrots), berries, meat, fish, eggs, and small amount of cheese, Greek yogurt and real (full fat) milk.
Hi Pbradley936
That sounds very similar to what I am eating but without the yogurt and a multitude of suppliments.
As long as I shop carefully and have the food in it is quite easy.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

hey, I'm not a low carber so I can't give you any tips. I just wanted to welcome you to FitDay.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Low Carb baby here too. Plus I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FITDAY. Using the calorie counter; journalizing; measurements; weighing in.
Must start walking again tomorrow. Wear pedometer to keep me honest (HATE exercising).

STRESS EATER HERE...ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE?

Muriel
Goal 108
Start weight 183 (4'7")
Present 164
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hey, I'm not a low carber so I can't give you any tips. I just wanted to welcome you to FitDay.
Thanks for the welcome Mike, and well done with your weight loss success.
You are an inspiration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.