Thread: Fasting
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post

Three days should be good--really about the shortest fasts I've done were around a week. I know Jason is right into the 24 hour thing (I know, I know, it's not "one meal a day") and I see the merit in that, but with all due respect, doesn't seem like "real" fasting, if you see what I mean.
Michael that reminds me of when people say light beer isn't real beer lol.

I can see what you mean, but fasting for only 24 hours at a time is easy to fit in your life. I am unsure of how long fasts would or would not fit into a busy active life, but I know its not for me. But I certainly can get all the benefits of fasting without burning out on it or having it interfere with my life by fasting for short periods of time.

Fasting is simply choosing to abstain from food for a predetermined period of time.

The fasting I practice is a long term plan for fat loss and weight management. It is not a kick start to a weight loss diet, it is not a detox procedure, it is not a journey of self discovery. It is just a simple method of creating a weekly calorie deficit that has a low overhead cost.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote