Whole food straight from the cows mouth?  ha ha >

Whole food straight from the cows mouth? ha ha

Notices

Whole food straight from the cows mouth? ha ha

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Whole food straight from the cows mouth? ha ha

hi there-
I am 175cm and 81kg (carrying about 13kg too much weight at the moment) - i took on an office located job about 12 months ago, too many restaurant meals and too much beer of an evening (or bourban and coke!!!).
i am excercising everyday now (last 5 days) and got back into living the whole food experience (basically low GI) and loving the freshness and variety-. processed foods are kept to a minimum and i can eat what i want as long as it is a whole food (and not something disguised as one - like normal whole meal bread lol). I have rural background so up until end 2009 had always maintained my weight at 68-70kg by eating wholefoods so i am getting back to what i use to do- and will see if i can pull it back down simply by excercising for an hour a day and sticking to living the diet ha ha ha

the very general rules are -
-to keep to the 'outside aisle in the supermarket when shopping- for me this takes me past the fruit veges, meat dairy, poultry and fresh seafood
- no internal aisle shopping - except herbs spices and canned vegetables and fish
- As i have kids they need to come with me if they want anything else- so THEY can walk the aisle - restriction for them is one item per aisle (ha ha am i sounding tough? - 14 and 16 yo and not complaining and they can !!)
- I also don't like paying big bucks for things just because a recipe states it- eg mushrooms instead of eggplant, basa fish ($8kg) grilled with crushed galic instead of atlantic salmon ($32/ kg)
- drink water- if you are feeling pekish have a drink first- for me my body mistakes thirst for hunger especially on hot days

Don't like the idea of a diet being something you 'do' to loose weight and have always have been really scared of restrictive diets ( in the sense of going through feelings of hunger, or replacing foods with milk shakes etc).

This is where the cow comes in........ as an animal nutritionalist we use to restrict feed intake (to maintainance levels) to the cattle (so they felt hungry) for approximately 3- 6 weeks then put them on normal feed. within 6 weeks they would be 10-12% heavier then their counterparts that had not been feed resticted at all- good for a cattle Cockie (farmer) but not good for us human dieters i am thinking!!

Any way i love this site- i dont know anyother service that offers the support and basic tools like this site and FOR FREE- YOU GUYS ROCK!!

cheers plainswanderer
ps i have never ever posted before so please forgive any ettiquette errors i make
Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay! I am a mostly outer aisle shopper too. I prefer the taste of real food, not the 20 extra ingredients added to try to make it taste good!

I am also a vegetarian so I won't eat the cow!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. Very interesting anecdote about the fat cows (and I WILL eat them--had one for breakfast ).

It sounds like you have a good plan in place--keep it up and I know you'll succeed!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys for the support!