Notices

Newbie. New year resolution: -50 lbs? anybody?

Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie. New year resolution: -50 lbs? anybody?

Hi,
I've actually used fitday on and off but never really felt comfortable joining the forums and using them as a resource. However, after gaining 40+ lbs in just 5-6 horrible months, I would really just like to have some support, weightloss buddies to mutually encourage each other to our individual goal and to share the ups and downs. I am 20 yrs old, a college student, and desperately in need to get my life in order, starting with getting my weight in check. Would love to get to know some new people!
Height: 5'6"
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year! i'm wanting to lose about 30 lbs. I'm about 170 right now, and want to get to about 140. i'm 5'9", and 43, I think, lol.

last February, I started my first diet ever, and lost 30 lbs by June.

What plan are you using? I read a book called Eat Fat Get Thin, and that is basically what I do. I eat full fat foods, healthy, wholesome foods, but watch my carbs. The last time I lost, I was never hungry, got healthier, and lost weight.

I followed these guidelines :
Carbs – 10-15 percent of calories
Protein – 15-25 percent of calories
Fat – 60-70 percent of calories

I'm not on the forums much, actually this is the first time I checked them and saw no one replied to you, so I posted.

I'll try to check in daily.

Last edited by countryhickchick; 01-04-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Post I am with you....looking for 50 plus....

I also have been using FitDay on and off again for about 4 years. This time however, I finally feel like I have a good handle on what works for my body and what I can and can't put in it to make it work properly. I just hit 41 and gained 60 pouds after coming off the Atkins diet back in 2005, after having hit my goal weight of 165 and stayed there for almost two years.

Have done personal training, did the 40-30-30 diet, eat right for your blood type, you on a diet and all pretty much had the same result, I kept losing and regaining the same 10-20 pounds. I developed a wheat allergy from the Atkins diet and have had to alter everything about my diet. I am now pretty much gluten-free, and have just cut out dairy.

I just joined a CrossFit gym end of December and am looking forward to seeing if I can get my body back to where it once was just after college.

Starting Weight: 229
Goal Weight: 165-170

If what you read seems to strike a note with you and you think that we can help eachother stay motivated I am game.

Christine
Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Magnum, I'm GF too . I discovered it when I lost weight last year. Being low carb, i stopped bread and pasta. One day I didn't have anything else to eat, so I had bread. previously I had bowel probs that the docs couldn't figure the cause for. The problems quietly went away while dieting, then when I cheated, I was sick for four days. it was the bread. I have stopped gluten all together now, and feel better than I ever have. Maybe after losing these 30 lbs, I'll feel even better.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, I am new to the forums (never knew FitDay had a forum) and would like to join your group. I would like to lose about 50 pounds this year. My goal is to lose that amount within a 6 month period, if possible. I am strength training and doing HIIT cardio throughout the week and resting on weekends. So far so good.

We can do this.

Cheers!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Talking new member

I am 48 years old about 165lbs. 5'4" and want to lose 40-50 lbs. I am vegetarian and have been for a few years. Although I feel pretty healthy I have put on the lbs. I am going to give the rice diet a try. It consists of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Although I eat these things now I do like my snacks in the evening, so with support and motivation I am going to try to follow the rules of the diet to get rid of the fat. I also enjoy walking. I love to walk outside when the weather is not too cold. If I can't because it is too cold I do walk at the mall which feels good in the winter. There's a thread mill in the house that I haven't been on in a long time. I am planning on getting on today and just start moving!! Sometimes things just seem so hard to just start but once I do I will gain motivation. This seems like a good site and I hope to use it daily.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Smile I need help too

I need to lose weight too!! I have gained 40 pounds in the past 7 months and need to lose the weight. I want to be at 120 by 06/10/2011. I am 28 years old and I have three kids. I recently started Devry. Maybe we can help each other!

Kristin
Old 01-08-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Trying to lose 45 pounds

Hey! Its great to meet you, I am also trying to lose weight while being a full time student and working full time.

I would love some support as well. I do not know which direction to go.

Hopefully we can all help each other.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy Sunday

How are you ladies doing today? What are some ways we can motivate each other? Should we create a group weigh-in day, like on Friday's? Should we post daily menus keep one another accountable?

What do you all think? I would like to keep this thread active, if possible. I really need the support.

Thank you,

Meekness
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

BTW, I am following the quidelines below:

65 fat/30 protein/5 carbs on weekdays and... carb-up on Friday evening to Saturday midnight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.