Notices

Help!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fynetae
Yea I wear 3x right now...
I wanna get down to L or XL...
Then wear the lil cartoon character draws/boxers (I know thats TMI but sorry)
Haha--I think I have some size L SpongeBob Squarepants boxers around somewhere

Anywho--yeah, 3x isn't bad--actually right now my chest is around a 2x and my belly is 3x so some things fit kinda funny. I'm hoping my belly catches up at some point, but that's where most of my fat gravitates towards, so we'll see.

I'm really hoping to get down to XL for the summer--I have a ton of XL and L clothes from before I started climbing back up the fat ladder.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bluedog72
Right now you have a choice......do I quit? or do I persevere?
How will you feel in 6 months looking back if you decide to quit?
What about if you don't quit and look back in 6 months from a 50~60lb lighter body?
Which one of those points of view do you want to be coming from?

Those six months are going to sail right on by no matter what you do, and when they are gone, they are gone. You can't change that, but you can change the person you will be once they're gone.
Everything you need to lose weight is right here on this web site, all you need to do is do it.
Figure out your BMR, log everything you eat, tweak your diet until you are running at a caloric deficit and get a sweat on every chance you get.
If you cant get to a gym, walk, do push ups, sit ups, crunches, jumping jacks, dance, jump rope, swim......whatever it is you enjoy and that burns up calories. A broom handle with a couple of 5 litre bottles of water on each end makes a very rough, but very functional barbell. Buy a tennis ball, find a wall and play solo handball for a half hour each day...anything, just MOVE!.
Don't sit and watch MTV from your couch...watch it while doing pushups and crunches every add break.
Don't focus on what you can't do, look at what you CAN do....adapt, improvise and overcome....work with what is available, don't not work because the very best gear isn't readily accessible.
In six months you will be glad you went to the effort.

Otherwise, kick back, slack off, pig out, quit and look back in six months at how you blew a great chance to better yourself.....the choice is entirely yours to make.

Good luck fynetae, you CAN do this, all that is required is for you to want it badly enough. All that is stopping you are your own self doubts or lack of commitment. You owe it to yourself and no one else can do it for you.
Head down, bum up and go hard, the results will be worth the effort. They are also proportionate....max effort equals big results, little to no effort equals zero results.
Your move.
Choose. How do you want to feel about yourself in 6 months time?
Now get off your butt and do something about it!

BD

PS. 90lb in 90 days is not a realistic goal or a healthy rate to lose weight....~2lb/week is closer to what you should be aiming for. You didn't gain weight at a pound a day, don't expect it to fall off at that rate.
as stated before, AWESOME POST!!!! Straight forward, honest and from the heart. It doesn't get much better that that!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Haha--I think I have some size L SpongeBob Squarepants boxers around somewhere

Anywho--yeah, 3x isn't bad--actually right now my chest is around a 2x and my belly is 3x so some things fit kinda funny. I'm hoping my belly catches up at some point, but that's where most of my fat gravitates towards, so we'll see.

I'm really hoping to get down to XL for the summer--I have a ton of XL and L clothes from before I started climbing back up the fat ladder.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Michael
I don't even remember wearing a L or XL I swear I jumped from M to 2x... I've been chunky all my life so it's gonna feel good to go in a store that I always dreamed of wearing they're clothes and pic out something smaller then a 2x!!!!