Notices

The Leptin Diet

Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Leptin Diet

I did a search and did not find anything but I am a convert to The Leptin Diet.
You can Google it for details or go to youtube and search for The Five Rules of The Leptin Diet.

Anyway I like it, am never hungry and am losing weight. Basically you eat a high protein breakfast, 3 meals a day, no snacks and cut back on carbs.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

If it works for you that's great, but I scanned through the five rules and it basically looks like good-old garden-variety calorie restriction. I personally think it's a little disingenuous to pin diet effects on body recomposition on just one hormone since there are at least ten main ones and lots more little ones, but I can't complain too much about the rules. The only one I disagree with is the "don't eat after dinner" rule but hey, if it helps you cut calories, then go for it.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I come from Europe and tend to never eat after dinner anyway. We make dinner last all evening. I am always shocked when I visit the USA because dinner in a restaurant is over in about an hour. In Europe it is much longer but not more food - usually far less just more conversation and waiters that never rush.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pbradley936
I come from Europe and tend to never eat after dinner anyway. We make dinner last all evening. I am always shocked when I visit the USA because dinner in a restaurant is over in about an hour. In Europe it is much longer but not more food - usually far less just more conversation and waiters that never rush.
I visited my daughter in Italy some years ago, and didn't know about this. Every time we went out to eat dinner, it was hours long, and the "service" between courses was very slow. My daughter later told me that was the way things were done there. There was no hurry. In some locations, people would go for a stroll between courses. It's brilliant! and much better for digestion and stress levels! A much better option than hurried drive-through eat-on-the-fly style of living.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Ah yes, if you're in Europe it's probably not a problem. Dinner over there is an experience, and very satisfying I might add. Toured Switzerland and Austria a few years ago and loved it. There's a movement growing over here in the states to that effect called "Slow Food."
Old 01-09-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

I had to do a search for it as I had never heard of it. The rules are pretty common-sense, except I would change #5 to reduce/eliminate processed foods. People don't get fat from eating fresh fruits and veggies.

From looking over the website, it just looks to me like a scheme to sell over-priced supplements that you shouldn't need if you are eating a well balanced diet of fresh foods.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DavidC01
he Leptin Diet is a meal plan that makes leptin, a fat hormone the body creates, its focal point. Leptin plays a role in controlling metabolic function and appetite. When a person follows the Leptin Diet, he alters his food consumption and increases his activity level to help balance the levels of leptin in his body. This is said to work as a natural appetite suppressant and an energy booster.
David,

please remove the advertisement from your signature.

Thanks.