View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

No teeth to the "don't eat after X" advice. It was thought that because digestion slows down at night that somehow eating a few hours before bed would cause your body to convert more calories to body fat. Actually, in the morning when you get up, the body just picks up where it left off digesting the previous night. No harm no foul.

This also kind of kills the myth that one absolutely must eat breakfast because the body is in a fasted state. Some people on the forums eat breakfast because they like the boost to their energy (via a boost to their metabolism) early in the day. Others, like me, just feel sick and slow after an early breakfast and choose to skip it.

Just concentrate on both the quantity and quality of the calories you are eating, and the rest will take care of itself.

Good luck!

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote