View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebbaJackson View Post
I am trying to lose weight and be healthy. I'm not dieting but making better choices. I'm watching what I eat and working out. I have 90 lb to lose my goal is my christmas this year. However my problem now is that I heard you shouldn't eat dinner past 6 pm. I don't get off work till 630. I have been eating powerbars thinking that it would be a meal replacement but instead of the scale going down it went up. Now I did lift weight this week and didnt do any cardio. But my question is should I eat a energy bar to replace dinner of is it okay to eat late. I work out after my kids go to bed. So I will be working out at least 4 time a week. Any advice will help.
I've read from more than one source that studies have show the "don't eat after xx:xx" to be a myth. The total number of calories per day is what counts.

Personally, I like to eat food. I suppose if you're late for work or something a powerbar would be OK--better than skipping breakfast anyway. Otherwise, I'd pass on them.

In any case, if you do your exercise, log your food intake and stick with it, I know you'll succeed!

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote