Thread: Fasting
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDay2011 View Post
Midwest you have me sold mate!!!

So that I have your fast correct, you'll eat say at 6pm for a dinner then fast from 6pm to 6pm the next day and then have dinner again?!?
Yep this is the exact structure. I usually do it Thursday and Sunday or just Sunday.

When I fast I just mentally accept that I am not eating because I am fasting, if I do get any hunger pains which is very rare, they go away in less than a few minutes.

I still try to eat all healthy and whole foods when I am not fasting, but I use the listen to my body approach. The bonuses are eating larger meals, eating breakfast lunch and dinner, feeling real satisfaction from larger meals, being able to eat dessert, being able to go out to eat and order anything.

One great thing about this fasting is that you can use it to lose weight and you can also use it to maintain health. Fasting has a lot of health benefits. It also works fantastic for maintaining lean physiques or healthy weights.

If you are sincerely interested in fasting for weight loss and possibly as a lifestyle for good health check out the book Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote