Butter v Margarine?? >

Butter v Margarine??

Community
Notices

Butter v Margarine??

Old 01-06-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever
I buy butter from a local farm that free ranges their cows...boy is it good! To me butter is almost health food, sure it has tons of calories but it is real, simple and natural, so I thinks its good for me as long as I control how much I eat. In my opinion just because a food is calorie or fat dense doesn't make it "bad" to eat, only if I overindulge in it. Just my two cents.
Ooh--fresh butter sounds yummy!

Really, FitDay says a "pat" of butter has 36 cals and 4.1 grams of fat. What's the big deal? On my last low-fat eating plan, I stuck to 10 grams of fat TOTAL per day and of course, no butter.

Now, I have one "pat" pretty much every day. I grease my griddle (that sounds kinda kinky) and cook my egg beaters and toast in it. No offense to the low-fat folks--that did work pretty well for me too.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all

We only have butter in our house. I too believe that it is a much more natural choice than margerine and that just because it is higher in fat than margerine that does not necessarily make it a bad choice just one you have to use in moderation.

Plus I don't like the taste of margerine