Newbie...just saying hello!

Community
Notices

Newbie...just saying hello!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie...just saying hello!

Hi everyone!

I am a newbie...not to the site but to the forum. Started my weight loss program on Sunday and going good so far...just having trouble getting motivated to exercise. First two days were tough but feeling more energetic today. This time around in trying to lose 40 lbs. I am going gluten and sugar free. It is amazing how much better I feel after only a few days without the bread and sugar. Well, looking forward to reading everyone's posts...if anyone has any good advice or good gluten free product knowledge...please share. I am finding it difficult to find items to replace bread etc.

Thanks,
Gina
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

welcome Gina. I can't give advice on replacing bread, but once you get into the routine of working out, you'll begin to look forward to it.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

welcome new here too( to the site and everything) much love and blessings
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry I can't help with the gluten thing, but if there's any other questions, I'm always glad to offer MHO.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums gwhite23.

Have you looked in the Organic or Vegetarian sections at your food store? They usually have a good selection of Gluten free products.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

We were a GF household for 4+ years. The best GF bread is homemade, either from scratch or from a box mix, available at most health food stores. There is an author named Bette Hageman that has published a GF cookbook nearly every year for the last 20, every one of her recipes we tried was edible (not all super great, but edible). Personally I like her "feather light" recipes, which use a combination of flours to replace wheat flour (equal parts tapioca flour, potato starch flour and white rice flour, plus xanthan gum and egg replacer). Many of her bread recipes use chick pea flour, which was more than my GI track could handle. It's one thing to eat beans, it's another grind them in to powder and eat it by the loaf.

Other bread/cracker things you might try, Rye crisp crackers, nut crackers, N-ergy crackers, corn cakes (like a rice cake, but yellow), rice cakes, Crispbread and homemade GF pancakes (which believe it or not make the BEST PB&J ever).
Old 01-08-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for the great info! Much appreciated!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Gina, I'm brand new to the site/forum as well and Bread is one of my biggest challenges i'll have to overcome. I hope your able to find what you need. Right now i'm just concentrating on no sugar and no soda once I have that down and not craving that anymore I'll be working on more foods i need to cut out or put into my diet.

Best of luck to you!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

If you have any cost effective gluten free ideas, please pass them on. i know someone who has that deficiency that they can't eat gluten and has a very hard time finding products