Notices

Activity Calculator

Old 01-04-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Activity Calculator

Hi! I am new to FitDAy and a have a question about the activities page. When I put in my activity level it will only set for 24 hours and , of course, I am not active for 24 straight hours b/c of sleeping (yay!). I am fairly active with 2 kids and a house to take care of but I find it hard to believe that I am burning 2800 calories just by being myself (meaning without exercise). Is that possible?? Is there a way to change that? BTW, I do workout but that number is without including my that. Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi It sets for 24 hours because we are burning calories while we sleep. The amount is calculated on your weight and activity level. There is a certain amount alloted for the basic amount we burn while doing nothing. The heavier you are the more calories the activities burn -- there has to be some advantage to weighing more! It is quite possible with your activities you burn that much. Hope this helps. Mary
Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by baidom
Hi! I am new to FitDAy and a have a question about the activities page. When I put in my activity level it will only set for 24 hours and , of course, I am not active for 24 straight hours b/c of sleeping (yay!). I am fairly active with 2 kids and a house to take care of but I find it hard to believe that I am burning 2800 calories just by being myself (meaning without exercise). Is that possible?? Is there a way to change that? BTW, I do workout but that number is without including my that. Thanks!!
Some do consider FitDay's calorie burn (basal metabolism) estimate to be optomistic. You can always choose a more "sedate" lifestyle to get the number down. You can also do what I do, add 8 more hours of sleep.

Don't know what your weight/height/age is, but I am around 5'10", just under 300 lbs. and use "seated with some movement" as a lifestyle and am right around 3000 calorie burn.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Do not take the programs numbers for "Lifestyle" too seriously. Each person is different and it is my opinion that the numbers generated by Fitday are very inflated. Try to determine the amount of calories to eat by keeping close track of the changes in your weight over a period of time.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the info!