Notices

so... who fell off the wagon over the holidays?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default so... who fell off the wagon over the holidays?

I sure did. I ate like total crap, but I did continue to workout. I'm feeling big and bloated, but today is a new day. So far so good, I just can't wait for the deserts and other crap to be gone. You would have thought that I was single handidly trying to get rid of them.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

I did! Past three days got successively worse and yesterday turned into an all-out cookie orgy, even though meals have been basically healthy. I've been eating clean so far today and feeling much better.

You would think I would know that eating like crap makes me feel like crap, and that would be enough to make me avoid it, but I guess not!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default I did!

Started with Christmas cookies, then wine and appetizers, big dinner and 3 small slices of pie. Oh well. Back on the wagon today.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't just fall off the wagon, hell I jumped off!! Feel like I am suffering from a food hangover today...oh my aching stomach. And forget "hair of the dog that bit me"...I probably would have eaten that dog had it been covered with chocolate or barbeque sauce....oh man, where are the stinkin Tums in this house? That's what I want to know.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Besides my planned meals, I ate one Christmas cookie, 10 raspberries, 6 pretzels, and a handful of Goldfish crackers and one tortilla chip. Plus a couple of bites of chicken enchiladas. No damage - no gain & no loss.

Christmas Eve after everyone went home there was a half bag of tortilla chips left. They kept calling my name until I reached in and ate one. Then, I closed the bag and crushed the livin' daylights out of the remainder before they could get the better of me. I put the crumbs into a baggie and I'll use them later for tortilla crusted tilapia or something.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't do too bad....boozed it up on Xmas eve and had a bunch of sweets
x mas day.
I also kept up the workout routine and tried to get in a 5 mile run when the weather broke. The damage was minimal
Old 12-26-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Dear SisterJen,

I have one word for your unwanted food gifts: "regifting."

Why not share the love (and the calories?)
Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yes I fell off the wagon and its dragging me behind it!!

I had a steak dinner Thursday night followed by a huge Beef Tenderloin dinner Friday night. I cooked Stew Beef yesterday which was pretty good except for the chocolate cake that went along.

I live in NC so we got right much snow which is very unusual. So today I made a big crock pot full of veggie soup. So thats decent but then I made a pan of brownies that calls for 1 1/2 sticks of butter!!!

I still have tomorrow off so I am hoping to pull myself back on the wagon. I feel so blah with all this food!!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Have done pretty well, actually. Zero sweets, pies, cakes, etc. Zero over indulging. I have gone to a full 1600 cals a couple of times, but all "good" food.

I've not used my monthly planned "cheat day" yet and will probably do it on New Years. This will involve the drinking of a fair amount of ale but food intake will remain reasonable. One 3,000 calorie day a month doesn't average out too badly.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

well, besides a couple of you, it looks like I wasn't alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.