Community
Notices

reality check

Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default reality check

My husband started a new job with a very small company recently and we're going to have to deal with getting our own insurance. In both our cases, weight is causing trouble in getting a policy. It was definitely a reality check on the fact that we have got to start getting healthy and dropping the extra pounds.

I used the site back many years ago and it was a good check against what I was eating and my activity level, so I'm going to try it again. I had a really hard time having to change numbers around when I logged in yesterday because I'm heavier now than when I started last time ;/

I'm not using a "diet", I'm just watching what I eat. I am taking the idea that I don't need anything in a box and am sticking to fresh veggies/fruit and whole grains. I do sub a lot of vegetarian protein sources for meat, but still throw some chicken or fish in the oven occasionally.

I've cleaned all the clothes and dust off the exercise equipment that we have here in the house, and I'm pushing for the realistic 2lbs a week. I'm looking to drop around 80lbs and figure I need somewhere to vent so I don't pull my hair out in the process heh
Old 01-01-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey. I know that you only want to lose 80 pounds, but you might want to check out the Ladies 100+ thread. Lots of nice and supportive women there, in it for the long haul. So with a screen name like elfchick, can we assume you are short and have pointy ears? I'm short as well, but have very small but not pointy ears.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

short yes...more garden gnome shaped than elf at the moment though I'm an avid gamer both electronic and tabletop so the name has stuck over the years. I've been reading my way through the forums and seems to be a good group of helpful people
Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Warlockchick at your service here Come back often, we're a friendly bunch. Support makes a world of difference.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Elfchick! Good luck as you begin the process. I like the idea of not "dieting". Somehow dieting sounds like self denial rather than just taking good care of ourselves. Fitday has always helped me become aware of my nutritional status. Glad to have you aboard!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

welcome back! We are all here to help, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Dragonbornchick here. Welcome!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Good Luck

Hi there, just wanted to pop in and say good luck to you on your journey. My goal is to 60lbs. and I am hoping that these forums will be some motivation to me. I kinda see it as having friends to be accountable to...LOL !!! WE CAN DO THIS !!!