Notices

My Introduction

Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default My Introduction

Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I've been using FitDay on and off (but on when I'm in my fitness phases) for nearly ten years. It's been so far back that I would guess it was 2001 or so that I first ran across it (if that's possible). I remember when the FitDay PC software first came out and how ecstatic I was to be able to do all the custom stuff and the ease of use increases. The changes in the last couple of years has been great as well, with FitDay PC 2 and now the iPhone App.

I wish I was one of those people that was naturally athletic and healthy, but I'm not. I love to sit on my duff and eat lots of crappy food. But when I get in modes where I am being healthy what keeps me motivated is tracking what i'm eating and doing religiously. This tool has been a big part of that. With the addition of the forums there is even more community motivation to keep going.

Over the past couple years I've put on about 20# of fat and am now back up to 20% body fat. Not horrible but not great either. I'm looking forward to shedding that over the next several months and then hopefully, finally, maintaining that for the long haul.

I'd love to post updates here like others do but it wasn't 100% clear to me where to post those types of updates/looking for inspiration et cetera posts. Any suggestions?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hank, good to see you. I'm an old time FitDay guy as well--probably around the same time you joined up. Took a long, long break, and here I am, back again. I agree that the forums are a wonderful addition to the site.

You can post up most anywhere. I probably post most in Diet Tips now--more traffic than in the Men Only subforum.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

how's it going Hank? It's good to have a long timer around. We've made some changes and there are more to come. I was looking at you food long, it looks like you have an enjoyable New Years Eve!

BTW 20% bf isn't bad at all.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh yeah, I knew that was going to happen. This is the first time I'm trying to track things during my "free days" as well as regular days. I can really gorge myself lol. The iPhone App makes it so convenient for tracking meals on the fly. I love that thing! Very good work on the first cut guys!

My 20% is based on a single point skin caliper reading so not completely accurate. It could be off by a couple of points, probably higher, but it's a data point anyway. Best way for me to judge my fat level is my pants sizes and waist sizes. They are all near the maximums (which I've been tracking off and on since 1998).

Exercise is starting on Monday, so should be interesting!