Notices

Help I hate water!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help I hate water!

I use to drink tons of diet soda so my first step was to switch to crystal light. Is 64 oz of crystal light equal to 64 oz of water?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cowgirl6
I use to drink tons of diet soda so my first step was to switch to crystal light. Is 64 oz of crystal light equal to 64 oz of water?
Yup, albeit with some extra chemicals.

I was a big diet Mt. Dew junkie--at least four or more cans a day at work. Quit it cold turkey (turkey, yum!). Now all I drink is water and black coffee. I'll tell you, once you get used to water (and I like it with ice) it's really not bad at all.

If Crystal Lite is what it takes to get your daily intake, then do it--it's that important.

Regards,
Michael

PS You may find that Crystal Lite makes you hungry--there are studies showing Aspartment (sp?) and other sugar substitues can trigger the hunger response in your body just like "real" sugar/simple carbs can. So keep that in mind.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

I used to drink diet coke exclusively, barrels of it. Nowadays I hardly ever drink it, I never made any decision to quit drinking it, it just sort of happened. I used to use it as a reward for finishing all my water in a given day, but I'm no longer addicted to it at all. I get my daily caffeine fix with a cup of coffee in the morning, sometimes two. One thing you might try is green tea, I stew a gallon pot of it in the morning and then drink it iced with a little Truvia all day long.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

I hate still water too, all I drink is seltzer sodium-free water in cans, there are flavored ones with no added sugar. It's cheap, effervescent, fills me up, hydrates, makes me think I'm drinking a soda. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mkanton
I hate still water too, all I drink is seltzer sodium-free water in cans, there are flavored ones with no added sugar. It's cheap, effervescent, fills me up, hydrates, makes me think I'm drinking a soda. Good luck.
That's a great idea--my wife loves the stuff--I never acquired a taste for it, personally. If you like the fizzy, and can't stand plain water I think it's a great way to get more fluid in.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

You can learn to love water. Get lost in a desert for a couple of days with nothing. I guarantee you will love water in one day.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

I never could get used to the flavour of Crystal Light. If I can't handle the taste of the water in a given place, and I don't have access to bottled water, I add a squirt of Real-lemon to my glass of water.

At home, I have a reverse osmosis unit installed in my kitchen, so the water tastes good. We have a high mineral content.

At camp there is a high iron content, so I add lemon.

In town there are high chlorine levels. Even though the lemon does cover it, I refrain from having much because the chlorine kills good bacteria in my body. I once had to live on it for a week and ended up needing acidophilus for months after.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm with you. I am trying to get off of diet sodas too. I hate plain water too. I bought a Soda Stream seltzer water maker and use that with slices of lemon to help with the transition. We'll see how that goes.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Has anyone ever tried TruLemon or TruLime? It's powdered citrus extract that's all natural. It's easy to stick packets in your purse or desk at work and gives your water a fresh taste- without chemicals!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

You should really try to stay away from artificial sweeteners if you can! I think the squirt of lemon is a good idea. Also, do you like herbal teas? I personally love peppermint herbal tea, you can drink it hot or cold, and the peppermint is also great for digestion. There are also fruity flavoured herbal teas if that's more to your taste.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.