Thread: Here Goes!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

High protein foods include:
* Lean Meat (including pork and beef)
* Chicken
* Turkey
* Fish (including canned tuna)
* Cottage cheese
* Eggs (eliminate the fat by using just egg whites)
* Protein shakes and drinks

First off a disclaimer, if something works for you then use it. I personally don't believe in a low fat diet. If it works for you (but it sounds like it isn't) then I will not be the one to chastise your choices.

This is the second time I have typed this today, so if you have already read this on another post I apologize. Healthy fats (like monounsaturated) are essential for nuerological function and nutrient transport. In addition fats have been shown to have a satiating effect on hunger. Maybe your body is just crying out for some more fat in your diet. I personally like about 10 unroasted almonds with a glass of water to fend off cravings.

Your work out plan seems to be typical of most women. Lots of cardio, no weight/resistance training. I have read countless times of women who were unable to acheive the body they wanted until they incorporated weight training into their workouts. I encourage you to find the post 'Too much at the Gym, or too little' in the Exercise forum. Several women talk about their success after incorporating weight lifting into their workouts. They also suggest a book 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler' for more reference.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote