View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by InfectedElf0 View Post
In my opinion, if you are looking for optimum results, chocolate milk is not the best choice. But if you are looking for easy/better tasting and can deal with weaker results, then by all means go for it. It (obviously) beats drinking a red bull or whatever.
But Elf, you're missing the real point here... why would you drink a serious PWO shake when you could drink a (a) much cheaper and (b) much more lighthearted chocolate milk that ties in with the whole "working out should be fun, not a chore" mentality? Yeah, you could drink a shake with all the right ratios of nutrients but in my mind that just reinforces the whole obsessive-compulsive over-analyzing nature of serial workout-aholics that over time, just kills one's motivation to work out.

Chocolate milk owns any protein shake on that front.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote