Notices

Unhealthy?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Unhealthy?

I currently weigh 201 pounds and I'm trying to lose a chunk of weight rather quickly while eating healthy and accordingly to my exercise during the day. Days where I am "seated with some movement" I burn approximately 3300 calories and I've been keeping my intake balanced to about 1300 with lots of proteins and carbohydrates as well as a healthy balance of fats. On days where I exercise and weight lift for about 90 minutes or so I increase my intake to about 1800 or so to make up for the muscle use and cardiovascular workout. Is this a suitable range for losing a decent amount of weight rather quickly. Just to mention I am taking vitamins so I am not worried about malnutrition or anything like that.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

with all the exercicing you are doing you might want to keep your calories around 1600-1800. If you burn too much more than you eat your body will think your starving yourself and go into storage mode. I was eating 1200 a day and got couldn't lose any more weight for almost a week till I increased to 1600 and now I'm losing again
good luck
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Well I'm on a college campus so it's really not that easy to get access to foods that have sufficient calories and are healthy. I think that adding muscle milk to my diet might actually be a sufficient and well, not unhealthy way to add calories along with my working out. What do you think?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

I drink milk twice a day to make up my calories and also so I don't get too full on eating tons of food. 2 1/2 cups of 1 % milk is about 210 calories.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I went down and got 16oz bottles of skim milk, theyre 180 calories each and hold me over quite well. Also milk is good for losing weight!