Notices

Another new guy

Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another new guy

Hi,
I'm a 41 year old male who's been inactive for over a decade until a few months ago when I was diagnosed with gout and told by my doctor to lose some weight and get off the couch. I'm 5 feet 4 and 75 KG (165 pounds)

I've been in the gym and I'm seeing some improvements. My body fat has dropped but my weight hasn't, which in theory means I'm building some muscle.

I've joined here to give my diet some accountability. I want to have a 500 calorie deficiency whilst keeping my protein high. The aim is to drop 15 pounds by mid April 2011. If I can do that and keep my lean mass as it is I will be 68KG (150 pounds) with 15% body fat.

To get my 500 calorie deficiency I'm looking to have an average intake of 2000 calories and an average burn of 2500. The gout means I have to avoid fish, wholegrain and brassicas (it also means I'm supposed to avoid meat but it'll be a cold day in Hell when that happens ).

Anyway, that's why I'm here so feel free to shout at me to keep me honest.

Cheers all
Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I love you all, too.

I've been ignored.

I'm going to eat a cake.

a big cake.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Yes, I love you all, too.

I've been ignored.

I'm going to eat a cake.

a big cake.

Been there, done that. Still got the 8x T-Shirts to prove it.

Seriously, though, welcome to the forums!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Geoffers;

Sorry for the belated welcome, I have not been on much due to the holidays. Your plan sounds good. If you aren't using them already consider whey protein shakes to keep your protein intake up without having to aggravate the gout with meat protein. Eggs are also a good source of protein but I have no idea how they will effect your gout symptoms. What is your exercise plan like? To burn 2500 calories a day at your height you must be doing some serious exercise?

You will also find you get better responses if you ask a question in your posts. Good luck on your journey!!