Notices

Revised my meal plan, any thoughts?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Revised my meal plan, any thoughts?

Hello everyone, I've been spending quite a bit of time on FitDay recently trying to increase my calorie intake to get it above 1200 per day. Here is my revised daily meal plan, if anyone could offered advice or comments, I'd appreciate it!

About me...I'm 22 years old, Male, trying to lose about 150lbs. I want to do it correctly though, to keep it off.

Breakfast
-Quaker Quick Oats made w/ water
-1 Cup Egg Whites
-1 Tbs. Salsa
-8oz. 1% milk

Lunch
-1 slice whole wheat bread
-1 can tuna in water
-2 slices of lettuce
-2 slices of Roma tomato

-1 cup of baby spinach
-4oz. boneless/skinless chicken thigh, broiled
-3 Tbs. of salsa

Dinner
-4oz. boneless/skinless chicken thigh, broiled
-1 cup of baby spinach
-2 Tbs. salsa
-1 cup green beans, no salt
-1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
-2 Tbs. peanut butter

Calories: 1,234
Fat: 37.5g
Carbs: 89g
Protein: 152g
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

I think that meal plan looks very healthy. I'm wondering if this is something you have done before and have had success? Just because I know that I would have a very hard time sticking to a meal plan like this. If you can, more power to you and that's great. I might consider adding 2 snacks so that you are eating every 4 hours or so, otherwise you will likely get so hungry that you might go overboard on your meals or end up bingeing on something bad for you. For snacks, make sure there is some protein and I like to have some good fats - like almonds, or cottage cheese with sliced cherry tomatoes, or a hard boiled egg or something like that. Also having something with a lot of flavor like a pickle would be good.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be discouraging at all but I want you to be successful. Maybe you have phenomenal willpower! It would be good to mix it up a bit though so that you don't get bored.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I agree adding in two snacks would be great. May I also suggest trying to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. Good luck!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

I would suggest adding some fruit, maybe as snacks. And some olive oil, or flaxseed (you can add the flax to your oatmeal and olive oil to salad). Perhaps a 2nd glass of milk too. You are a male and require more calories than females, as your muscle mass is higher.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah I was just thinking that about the fruit. Fruit as a snack would be awesome for you.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Personally, I don't have any problems sticking to this plan. I'm rarely hungry, and I feel good. Honestly, this is almost too much food for me, I had to add quite a bit of food to raise my caloric intake.

I'll look into throwing some fruit into the plan! Thanks!