Notices

30 Years Old...Time For Change

Old 12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Red face 30 Years Old...Time For Change

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, but not to dieting. I recently turned 30 years old and decided that I have to do something. I have lost and gained weight most of my life. The most drastic was in 2003 when I lost 60 pounds. At 5'3", I was tiny, yet healthy with a body fat percentage of 21%. I gained 30 pounds back, which put me at 180 lbs. Although I was overweight, I felt good and was a size 12. Not terrible, I thought.

Then I met the man who would become my husband. I've been married for almost 5 years and have gained all of my weight back. I am currently 227. I feel huge, without energy, and not so attractive. Most of the weight gain was from dating my husband . We went out to eat A LOT. And even at home, we are night owls and he has a sweet tooth also. So, sometimes in the middle of the night, he would go grab some ice cream or fast food and we would watch movies or catch up on TiVo. We also try to eat healthy, believe it or not. But I think that portion control is an issue with me as well as late night snacking. Grrrr. We have all the tools necessary, including a treadmill and weight machine, dumbbells, steps, medicine ball, DVDs, etc.

So here I am. I turned 30 years old and I am sick and tired of being fat. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I am so done. I purchased the PC version of Fitday today and I am feeling good about it. I find that support is essential for me, so I will be here awhile. The thing that has always worked for me is watching my caloric intake. I am not a big fan of exercise. Yuck. But I am looking forward to being motivated and setting small goals for myself. At least walking on the treadmill everyday.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to "meeting" you all.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Mrshaywood, and congrats on getting motivated! I wish you the best and know you'll find a lot of support here.

Come join us in the 100+ to lose thread in the weight loss section if you like. You don't sound like you have quite that much to lose, but we have people at all levels there and it's a fun and supportive bunch.

happiness and health to you.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! You could me my twin! As I read your post, each detail you share is my life to a tee. Weight up and down all my life (between 128-165), just turned 30 in November and ready for a change for good! My boyfriend and I-SAME EXACT situation as you-i have gained 30 pounds since we got together 3 years ago for all the reasons you mentioned! I am so ready for a change too! I too am driven by support so lets help each other! I have been staring at my treadmill for 3 months now since I bought it today is the day!

I also quit smoking 5 hours ago! Big Goals=Big Results!

LAST CIGARETTE- 5 HOURS AGO
CURRENT WEIGHT-156
GOAL WEIGHT- 128
END GOAL-LOOK AND FEEL GOOD AGAIN
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I'm a new member too. Mrshaywood, I totally understand the going out to eat! I was so healthy at the end of the summer when I was living alone, but now I'm back at school and my boyfriend always wants to eat out (he's one of those naturally-fit people..)

Congrats on your previous 60 lb loss. You can do it again!! I also lost over 30 pounds before and I'm back to my starting weight. So let's lose the weight for the last time and keep it off. I think it's a lot harder the second... third... fourth time around.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone- thanks for all the support
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi

Hi everyone! I just recently joined cause i realized that I am now heavier than I was when I gave birth to my 4th child almost 3 years ago! I had lost 50 pounds in 2007 and was smaller than i had been in 10 years, and ended up gaining it all back after my baby. It hasn't helped at all that I just graduated nursing school (stress eating over the past year) and I also quit smoking on 8/24/2010. Good luck to everyone and keep posting!

jede4
12/27/2010-start wt-163
9/18/2011-goal wt-130
Old 12-28-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all you newcomers!! I hope the forums can be the positive support you need to attain your goals.