Community
Notices

2011 is my year!

Old 12-27-2010, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2011 is my year!

hi, my name is lisa.
i'm starting my diet january 1st. the last diet i will ever be on, because it's do or die for me! (probably not that serious, but i need to think so) i joined fitday to help me track my progess and to be accountable for myself. i really think this will help me a lot, and coming here and reading the forums with other people's progress will too. i'm 33 years old, and i started gaining weight when i was 17, which was when i started taking birth control. i quit taking any kind of birth control in 2004, but i haven't lost any of that excess weight. i've half-heartedly tried to, but each time, i slipped back into old patterns. now i'm 275 pounds. i'm ready to change, and definitely ready to see the real me come back into focus! my goal weight would be 150 pounds-135 pounds. i'm short, so i don't want to be too thin, but when i get down to 150 i'll see if i need to lose any more than that.

Last edited by vixen33; 12-27-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lisa, welcome to the forums. I'm here to attest that FitDay will work if you have the commitment (and it sounds like you do).

There are lots of great people here to lend support--spend some time reading the threads and don't hesitate to join in.

There are a couple of 100+ to lose threads if you're interested and numerous weekly weigh-in threads and some challenges.

If there is anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

thanks mecompco! i'm checking out the site as much as work allows, since i don't have internet at home. looks like you're doing really well, congrats!! it's people like you that will help me thru this struggle, and that's what i need. ps, i like your yoda quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Vixen!

If you haven't already I encourage you to start logging your food now even if you don't start your new 'lifestyle' until the first of the year. It can be enlightening when you go back and review what your 'normal' was. Good luck on your journey.